Eliminating Procrastination Taken from Napoleon Hills book The Law of Success.

Eliminating Procrastination

"The world is divided into people who do things and people who get the credit. Try, if you can, to belong to the first class. There's far less competition."
Dwight Morrow

Eliminating Procrastination
You can accomplish nothing until you beat the habit of procrastination. The most well known way to beat this known habit is the use of auto suggestion. If you believe you have this habit I would adopt this script and say it out loud once daily, and put to use its rules. This will cure your habit of procrastination!

" Having chosen a Definite Chief Aim as my life's work, I now understand it to be my duty to transform this aim into reality. Therefore I will form the habit of taking some definite action each day that will carry me one step nearer the attainment of my Definite Chief Aim.
I know that procrastination is a deadly enemy of all who would become leaders in any undertaking, and I will eliminate this habit from my makeup by:

1. Doing some one definite thing each day, something that ought to be done, without anyone telling me to do it.

2. Looking around until i find at least one thing that I can do each day that I have not been in the habit of doing, and that will be of value to others, without expectation of pay.

3. Telling at least one other person, each day, of the value of practicing this habit of doing something that ought to be done without being told to do it.

I can see that the muscles of the body becomes strong in proportion to the extent to which they are used. Therefore I understand that the habit of Initiative also becomes fixed in proportion to the extent that it is practiced.
I realize the place to begin developing the habit of Initiative is in the small, commonplace things connected with my daily work. Therefore I will go at my work each day as if I were doing it solely for the purpose of developing this necessary habit of Initiative.
I understand that by practicing this habit of taking the Initiative in connection with my daily work I will be not only developing that habit, but I will also be attracting the attention of those who will place greater value on my services as a result of this practice."

Signed____________

Taken from Napoleon Hills book The Law of Success.

Post a Comment

0 Comments